Thursday, March 20, 2008

Made in China?

With all of the hub-bub about lead paint in kids toys we have talked a lot in our house about not putting stuff in your mouth and making sure Genevieve doesn't get things she shouldn't. Adina always wants to be quite informed about a situation, so I've tried to explain that they have people in China making our toys, the paint isn't safe, etc. So, she has decided China is not her favorite place. Then, I of course, try to tell her the people are not bad, just the paint on the toys and so on.

Well, this leads in to my next story....

We have talked a bit about private parts in our house and I decided I better bite the bullet and give them the anatomically correct words for their body parts. I have been a bit hesitant because I made the mistake of telling Adina the word "boob" when she was about 18 months old and that was about all she said for 2 weeks while pulling at any female's shirt!

So, I sat them down and told them the word for boy's private parts and then the word for girls. I barely got the word out of my mouth when Adina got hysterical "Waaaahhhhhhh, I'M MADE IN CHINA!!!!! Why didn't you tell me I was poison? This is horrible!" So, needless to say the educational session ended in laughter on my part, with reassurance that she was NOT made in China!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That's HILARIOUS!!! LOL!!! Made in China... hilarious. totally rhymes!!!

Rachel said...

Great story!! I have a friend who taught her daughter to refer to it as 'V'. I am sure everyone has funny stories along those lines. I like your treats too by the way. You should put up the 'recipe' sometime. :) What a fun mom.