Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 2008

The "Spoon"
Ok, so take a close look at the size of this spoon. This is a baby spoon. A very tiny baby spoon. On one of my visits back to Princeton (when Donovan was still there) he asked if I would bring him some silverware to use. I had already packed up the kitchen. He said all he had was some kid's silverware. I suggested maybe he just go over to the church and borrow some from the church kitchen, to which he replied "Oh, I didn't think of that." So, when I got to Princeton I was cleaning up the kitchen and I found an empty half gallon of ice cream in the sink. When I poured out the water in it out fell this spoon! Donovan had been using this spoon to eat cereal and the ice cream! For three weeks! It was a FULL half gallon. I asked him how long it took him to eat and he said "Well, a while! It took a long time to get full."


Madison got the opportunity to be a part of a cheer leading camp at the local high school here! She loved it. She really picked up on the cheers really quickly and had a ton of fun cheering at the football game!
Of course the best part of fall is the first leaves the girls are able to scrounge up into a pile! They have NO idea what the 1 acre yard is going to produce in the next couple of weeks, but I am sure they will enjoy it! This was a perfect day for this!
Genevieve loves being outside with her sisters!

Adina attempting a cart wheel! Poor thing has her mother's grace.

Adina has been trying to master the monkey bars at school and she practices for hours at home on our swing frame. Her poor hands have blisters!

Sisterly love, Ahhhh! If only it was always like this.
Madison's Picture day
I love that she still lets me dress her up!




4 comments:

CJCOdell said...

We miss you guys, but it looks like the girls are really doing well! Your house here in Princeton looks so lonely, but Cade still loves to walk by Donovan's house!

Becky Kramer said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog so we could see how much Genevieve has changed in the last month!!! We are so looking forward to coming to visit for Adina's birthday!!

We miss you guys SOOOO much!!!

Love ya!

Becky Kramer said...

You know I probably would have loaned Donovan some spoons if he only would have ASKED!! He's a dork!! Though he probably would have lost my spoons like he did Bubba's stool!

Maria the Great said...

looks like portage is treating you well, and i love the little face adina gave you on her picture day photos. hilarious story about d too, so funny.