Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We're baaaack...



Well, where to start.....We have arrived in Portage, IN. We are moved in but not completely settled yet. My good friend Becky came out the Monday after we moved and helped me do a ton with Adina and Madison's room. It looked so nice when we were done. Of course it is now a typical childs mess. But it was wonderful to have her help.

Seems a bit weird moving our stuff into a already lived in house, but Marsha and Duane have been more than accomodating! The girls have started school and are doing wonderfully! They are making friends quickly and enjoying their new schools. Genevieve is loving her new opportunities for exploration/climbing. She is slowly driving us crazy climbing up everything. We are trying our best to "Monkevieve" proof the house. That is proving to be one of our biggest tasks as well as storage and organization. I think the last two tend to be an issue no matter where you are. But we are slowly making things work.

Donovan officially joined us September 13th! Boy, were we glad to have him here. We came on August 16th, so it was quite a while for us. We also had a moving sale in Princeton the beginning of September. We sold everything. It was weird selling all of our furniture, a lot of clothes, toys and household stuff! Guess you don't realize how much you have until you start selling it. But, we kept the essentials and a few things we just "couldn't" part with. Like, I kept Donovan and the dog....just kidding. I figured as long as I had Donovan, the girls and yes even the dog, I would be happy.

We are doing well, just dealing with the beginning of school year sickness. Unfortunately I seem to be getting the brunt of it. But am praying that now I will be healthy, especially since our health insurance ended on September 30th! Yikes.

Anyhow. Enjoy the next entries with all our stuff that has been going on. Grab a drink and pop some popcorn, you may be here a while!!!! All my love to you all. I will be sending out e-mails with our address and stuff.

1 comment:

grammies babies said...

HEY!! 8:00 a.m. is like in the middle of the night, isn't it??? The girls (you included) are a never ending source of entertainment. I am so happy you are all in one place now. Please tell Donovan if he needs a better spoon I think I have one of those wooden ones that you use to hang on the wall in the kitchen. :>}(about 3 feet long and 8 inches wide) Now he can he a REAL BOWL of ice cream!!