Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cute prayers...

A few weeks back we had some very windy weather! Nothing like this past Monday, but windy none the less. We were going for a walk and I felt a crunch underneath Genevieve's stroller. Sadly, I realized that it was a baby bird that had blown out of its nest. I then looked around and there were 3 others. We looked really hard to see if they were still alive, but they had fallen pretty far. Unfortunately none of them survived the fall. So Adina and Madison asked if we could bury them in the back yard.

We dug a hole and they suggested we pray. Madison went first..."Dear Jesus, I am sad for these birdies and sorry that they died! Amen." Adina prayed "Dear Jesus, please in heaven let these birds find their mom and dad and brothers and sisters. Please let the one that mommy ran over not have a crushed leg in heaven. And please, if the one is still breathing, please let it be able to peck its way out of the ground!! Amen."

3 comments:

Becky Kramer said...

Too cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Please send that one in to Reader's Digest or some other magazine that likes children stories. I laugh every time I read it!! Bubba

Barb said...

O.k. so Im a little behind in reading this but that is hilarious!!! I love the mind of a child. Very simple yet profound!I'll be chuckling about that one for a while!