Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Nativity Fest

They have a festival every year at the local Catholic church. It is probably as big as our county fair here! Adina and Madison had a ton of fun riding rides and playing games two of the highlights were the bungee trampolines and the Rocky Kangaroo show.
We watched person after person do flips on these trampolines, but is was obviously much harder than it looked! Madison worked very hard to get her self over and unfortunately the second time Adina went the man had put her harness on too tight so she couldn't jump as well. But they still had a ton of fun. Somehow, I missed a picture of Adina jumping. I didn't realize I was holding the camera sideways when I was video-taping, so my apologies - but it is still cute.


This was the Rocky show! The girls, Duane and I got a real chuckle out of it. I have polaroids of them with the Kangaroo also, I just need to get them scanned in. But enjoy his fight with the clown.



One lesson learned...Madison - our very adventerous spirit - really wanted to go on a big ride. I glanced at it and thought it didn't look too bad. However the first night it ended up needing repairs (makes you think twice about going on it, hey - or at least you think I SHOULD have just said NO) So, we went a second night and I told Madison that I would go on it with her. So, it starts out spinning (very quickly). I scream and hoot and holler how fun it is, so Madison won't be scared - thinking to myself - "ok, self, this isn't so bad, just focus on something while your spinning" I am doing ok, but then the nice hydraulic arm starts bouncing us UP and DOWN HARD. I close my eyes and try some deep breathing (like when your in labor - didn't work for labor either!) The ride finally slows down and stops. Shew, I am sure relieved I made it through and showed Madison how much fun these rides can be. But, the harness doesn't unlock! No... it starts spinning backwards!!! And bouncing up and down. I am thinking, please don't let Madison throw up on me, because I will definitely return the favor. The ride, after an agonizing 3-5 minutes STOPS. We wobble off and say how much fun it is. I quietly ask Papa to take the girls to their next ride as I run behind the ride and toss my pizza. To add insult to injury I threw up for the rest of the evening. My days of spinning are behind me and as for Madison, she'll have to have the adventure with someone else!!!

3 comments:

Becky Kramer said...

WOW - you guys have been SOOOOOO busy. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Becky

Becky Kramer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Kramer said...

Well I didn't read far enough about the big kid ride so what I meant was you had fun the entire weekend not just at the carnival!
I'd like to see the picture of you and Madison on the big ride. Where's that at??

You are such an awesome mom... birds and rides all in one week just for your children!!

Did you try the trampoline thing? That would have been a good picture!

PS - I spelled something wrong the first time so that's why I deleted it. I didn't know it would tell the world I deleted it!