Saturday, July 12, 2008

Niabi Zoo

We went to the Niabi zoo with our friends Becky and Michael Kramer! We had a ton of fun. This was also Genevieve's first trip to the zoo and Becky was my personal photographer! Most of these pictures are courtesy of her! I could get used to someone taking all the pictures for me! Especially when they turn out as nice as these!
Here is the crew going Ape over the zoo

Of Course we had to ride the train! All aboard!!!

Pretty spot for pretty girls to pose

And we thought all dinosaurs were extinct!!!




Just Monkeying around
Nice time to cool off
The Lorakeet Landing
This was an enclosed area where you could go in and actually feed the birds. And watch them up close and personal!!! Yippee. What they didn't realize is I really don't care for birds up close and personal! I house sat for my mom once and wouldn't feed her birds because I was afraid to stick my hands in the cage!!! But, being the great mom I am I sucked it up and went in and showed them how much fun feeding the birds was! Can you see the enjoyment on my face? Anyhow, thankfully they preferred to do the feeding! And most of the birds were friendly.
See how much they love each other!
And apparantely they really LOVED Adina!

Don't worry, we checked for eggs in there before we left!
The Carousel was a lot of fun, especially since it was Genevieve's first ride on one! She really enjoyed herself!

The Petting zoo
and look, Genevieve wasn't even afraid that they would bite her! Oh wait, she can't read!!!

She figured out how to feed them quickly and only tried to eat it herself a couple of times!

Boy, are our feet sore!!!
They needed to unwind just a little after a long hot afternoon at the zoo!!

3 comments:

Becky Kramer said...

I can't believe you were scared of the Lorikeets........they're so CUTE and only bite hard occasionally. Plus they only seem to poop on Michael!!

I love the video!!

We had a great day and I'll be your photographer any day!

Becky

Lynette said...

Heck, I can't even ride the carousel without getting sick.
Lynette

Lynette said...

Heck, I can't even ride the carousel let alone rides that twirl and go backwards. More power to you! Lynette